Friday, April 10, 2009

Passover and Easter

Did everyone know that the last supper was a seder? Or at least that is what some say. I think it is nice to share a celebration even it it has different meanings to different religions. The most important aspect to me is coming together, because we seldom do.

Years ago, it was so festive. My mother spent so much time shopping with us for Easter dresses in pastel colors with little white patent leather shoes and lace top anklet socks. Does anyone remember easter bonnets? I HATED wearing those hats! But back in the day, you were not allowed in church without something on your head. Today, I would LOVE to wear a bonnet! How cool to have a reason to wear a hat.

Times have changed, but the reason for the celebration is the same. I hope everyone finds the time to bring a little spirituality into your holiday. Remember what you are thankful for; Eat healthy and try not to use the excuse "it's tradition". New traditions can (and should) be started every year, don't you think?

Happy holidays to everyone!

2 comments:

Joe said...

i wish the true spirit of these holidays was appreciated. all lost in pomp

Donna said...

I agree that some is lost. I had noticed in the past that I would become a little depressed around this holiday and found it is because I lost my dad at Easter time.

When he passed, a part of me wanted to believe he would resurrect! Sounds so silly, but years later I realized, he did rise again, just not in a human body.