Monday, October 22, 2012


Today would have been my Nana’s 95th birthday. This is the first time in my entire life that I am not seeing her on this day. Although I was sad waking up today, I realized when I turned on my computer and looked at the date that it was 10/22, 2012. I love numerology and immediately saw the numbers were exactly the same just scrambled. That can only happen twice; once this year and then again 2021. I knew it would be a great day. In fact, I was “counting” on it!

Anyone who has read my book will know that I was influenced all throughout my life by Nana’s gracious ways and loving heart. She was an unknowing mentor to me, and her unique way of handling her own divorce at a time that divorce was unheard of, was the example I followed during mine. There was another energy throughout my book though. As a young woman, I always felt inspired by the God Squad. Father Tom Hartman and the Rabbi Gellman were profound examples of how we could come together for the purpose of love and goodness if we made the effort. So when I wrote the first draft of the, “The Ten Commandments of Divorce,” I contacted a young Rabbi who was an author as well. I asked him to consult on certain aspects, because as a Christian, I wanted the Jewish perspective. He was happy to do it, and we joked about being the “God Squad of Divorce.”

The book was published one year ago, but just last week, I had the honor of meeting the Rabbi Gellman at a function for his partner, Tom Hartman. Although I only had one minute to talk, I was able to tell him how much I admired them both and used their “energy” when writing my own book. He handed me his card and said he would read it. I was thrilled and dropped the book off at his office the next day.
This morning I received a call from the Rabbi Gellman. “Donna, I just finished your book. I absolutely loved it! It is a great work. Please come in so we can talk about how I can help you with it!” When I got the call, I almost couldn’t speak. My heart was almost singing at the thought of my angel up there on her birthday, orchestrating my life. The woman who was always my champion here on earth, was now more powerful than ever and helping me all the more.

For the rest of the day, she showed me signs and kept validating her presence and guidance. I have no doubt that she is now “counting” on me to follow through and make her story help millions of people. It is not a stretch to say that one little woman can change the world. She has already changed mine.

No comments: