Monday, June 1, 2009

Just touching base with the World

Wow is the only word I can use to describe these past months. So far, I have missed the month of May and half of April, and June will be half way through before I know the outcome of tests I need to take (to determine what the next steps will be for this disease, which truthfully is still undiagnosed). Even though I have not been a part of the World, I still feel connected through TV, although I am not sure how good that is. What a box of negativity!

Okay, so I play solitaire and do crosswords to try and keep my mind sharp (it's very difficult to write when you are very anemic...hindered blood flow to the brain I guess), but tv has been a companion of sorts. Keeping up with the news though is as painful as this condition, but instead of my colon being affected, it is my heart.

So much damage out there, so much hatred, anger, and oppression, no wonder we are so unhealthy. I have much to write about when my blood comes back full strength, but in the meantime, am I allowed to offer some unsolicited advice to all who are out there and going about your lives? PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED RIGHT NOW!

If there is anything I can say without a doubt is we need to be thankful and grateful for everything we have and who we are connected with. With all the negativity out there, can you make up with your aunt, sister, friend, or co-worker, (you know, the one you have been arguing with) and remember the boys and girls oversees fighting for our incredibly real and terrifying issues? Can you come home tonight and just kiss your spouse and kids and say thank you for being in my life? Can you tell your boss or your employees, 'let's stick together and get through the tough times.' And finally, can you be thankful for everything that is happening to you even if it hurts because it is probably what you need?

I teach unconditional love. Sounds really corny right? Too bad. We need to hear it. We need to use it, practice it, and learn more about why we aren't manipulating ourselves more to give it. The World is hard to control, but we can't even control our own mouths, hearts, and actions when it comes to giving positive energy to others. Watch one reality tv show and you know we are in bad shape individually, let alone collectively. If we all just start being grateful and clean up a few loose ends in the 'giving love' department, we can change massive negative energy all around us. And guess what? Doing so makes you a happy person, minute to minute, day to day, no matter what is going on in the World.

Gratitude is hard when you are so down, but I have to say, I am actually thankful for my illness. Although it has stricken my body down so severely, I am now feeling an uplift in spirituality I have never felt before. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for what power I am getting. I can't wait till my body can keep up with it and I can bring it out in writings and teachings. In the meantime, since I can't get out there yet, I need help. Go out and give a little gratitude today. If you feel up to it, throw out some goodness. And if you are really motivated, change a negative in your life using love energy. And if you do, write me about it. I am desperate to hear I still have the ability to inspire someone, even if I am stuck in bed. D.

13 comments:

Joe said...

you find strength where there is weakness and love through the hatred. get well soon please, i miss you.

Donna said...

I am working on it. Thank you again for all your support! D.

Joe said...

have you been feeling better? any news with treatments?
Concerned,
Best,
Joe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Just wondering how you are doing since your Crohn's diagnosis.

I neglected to tell you that I too have the same disease and I developed it in my early 40's. There is a lot of help out there if you reach for it, I did and still do.

Good Luck.

Kathleen

Donna said...

Hi Kathleen, Yes, there are lots of opinions, mostly through traditional medicine. I am looking at alternative cures right now and will be reporting my findings as time goes along.

Right now I am investigating pig pin worms of all things. My doctor suggested it. Crazy stuff, but going on powerful meds that cost thousands of dollars seems even more crazy so I am open to all suggestions. Hope you are well! D.

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Be well,
Doug

Donna said...

Thanks Doug! are you really anonymous or do I know you? Email me if you want me to know. donna@donnamartini.com

Anonymous said...

Have you stopped blogging? Crohn's disease is a tough one but you also have had so many different bouts with so many illnesses this past year. Have you gone through any type of medical procedures or are you trying self healing?
I think it makes sense that you become healthy before trying to help others obtain what they need from the PM process.
Just wondering...
Brian

Donna said...

Hello Brian, I am not sure who you are or why you believe I have been fighting anything more than Crohns, but to put your mind at ease, it hasn't in any way rendered me incapable of helping others. In fact, it has given me even more ambition to use my skills, gifts, and experience to show others a better way to view life.

The reason why I am not blogging is because I have been writing 10 to 12 hours per day putting the final touches on the third draft of my new book. Shortly, I will have a new blog based on my writings and teachings that will be in a better format for "chatting".

So relax. Because of Crohns, God has given me even more to say and do and I am happy to rise to the ocassion.

Anonymous said...

New book? Have you written any others and if you have, where can they be viewed?

I am a follower of Sandra Williamson and Steven Covey that basically have the same views of you. They do not specifically teach by all personal experiences but touch on all aspects of life and business solutions in many ways. They are both powerful writers and do not disappoint because of their knowledge on a varity of subjects. You should check them out.
Brian

Donna said...

My book is about Positive Manipulation, but concentrates on separating families. It is called the Ten Commandments of Divorce.

I do a lot of research so I don't often get to read many books like Steve Covey's. Also, I feel some of the views are so similar with many writers that I would be accused of almost plagerizing, so I try not to study certain authors.

But truthfully, Universal law is within all of us. If we empty our minds long enough, truth will just spill right in. We all have this gift. We just need to make the decision to use it. D.