Thursday, December 22, 2011

We Live


We live in a world where people are dying because they don’t have enough to eat. Then there are those that are dying because they eat too much.
We live in a world where religious people give up precious time out of their lives for their faith. And some believe their faith dictates the need to give up their precious lives.
We live in a world that values education and a child’s need to learn. And then we teach them to value everything they shouldn’t want and don’t need to have.
We live in a world that remembers the names of all the famous and the rich. So much so that we forget all the worthy and the accomplished.
We live in a world that gives out stamps to feed the poor. And then we take care of those people when they get diseases from the food the stamps bought.
We live in a world that is filled with abundance and natural resources. And then we use them without having any idea of what we are going to do when they are gone.
We live in a world that wants peace. And then we go to war in order to get it.
We live in a world that is filled with light and love. And then we forget to turn them on.
We live in a world where people pray. Let’s pray for our world.
Written by Donna Martini, December 22, 2011

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We live in a world where some people comment on just about anything and everything just to post their opionion and see how many people are paying attention to what they have to say.
I don't care how anyone will ask for help for a cause or a donation you either help or don't but don't complain of how it is asked. Again, some people just need a lot of attention. Sound familiar?

Donna said...

Anonymous,
You may not be aware of the fact that I am a public figure, author, activist and legislative ambassador. This is what I do,but you can ignore my posts on facebook and unsubscribe so I don't annoy you anymore. Or you can read my work and see that I am "out there" so I can help people. Yes, I have opinions sometimes. In answer to your remark about my post on facebook, Because I a pro bono activist, I don't charge and don't make money, therefore, I can't afford to go to all of the charity events that charge, but sometimes I am invited because I have helped or contributed my services. It is confusing to get invites and then go and find out you have to pay. But on another note, I will assume you are too afraid to confront me personally, since you have listed yourself as anonymous. Too bad, I would have liked to check out your facebook page to see what opinions you have. D.