Sunday, December 27, 2009

It was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of Times

If you remember, this is the first line in "Tales of Two Cities". I am so happy to put 2009 behind me. I can honestly say, it was the worst year of my life. At the same time, I have never had so much healing, both emotionally and spiritually. So this is my year of the worst that turned out to be the best. I think I finally understand what Charles Dickens was saying in his profound interpretation of life.

Hopefully everyone can take the lessons out of this year's upheavals. So many of us suffered losses, but I also see many people changing their attitude and turning more to their spiritual side for comfort and consolation instead of laying blame. And believe it or not, those are the ones who are pulling out of the wreckage this "economy" has caused. Now we just have to get everyone to believe in their ability to change what is happening in the future.

We, the people: that is who makes up this great country. If there is something wrong with it, it means we got it there. It didn't just magically happen. And we have to use all the positive energy we can to turn 2010 into a period of growth and healing for everyone.

With our new County Executive coming into office this month, I am personally guaranteeing my participation in helping this Island become healthier. I learned this year (the hard way) that the saying is correct: If you have your health, you do have everything. It was always my mission to get as many small business and schools as I could to install wellness and fitness programs. Now more than ever (and with the help of our new legislators) I am determined to push my way into the doors of as many offices as I can. Since this is a new decade, we should create a new paradigm, a standard that all can follow. One that ensures the future health of our children and ourselves. More on this issue in the months to come, but for now: I pray for all of us to find our way in 2010. Happy and Healthy New Year to Everyone! D.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello to my new friend! Get ready for the best of times. I really hope you come to the decision to have the surgery. I would never steer you in the wrong direction. From our conversation this afternoon - i can tell you are a person that deserves and has earned the right to have a lifetime filled with health and happiness. Despite the "baggage", you will be much happier and on the road to emotional and physical recovery! I'm so happy we "met"! XOXO

Donna said...

You make it "sexy" to have Crohn's! Thank you so much for all your time, info, and empathy! Hope to see you soon, D.